Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sadness



Deeper than the deepest trench,
Is hollowness that oceans can't quench,
More eternal than the yuletide,
Is the sadness in me that's deep inside.

I hide behind my hollow pride,
Try to bury these feelings inside,
Tell everyone that it's their folly,
If they find that I am not fun and jolly.

Like a splinter that's wedged in my heart,
A feeling that rips me apart,
Is the pool of darkness that surrounds me,
A monster which constantly consumes me.

I try to leave them behind,
But these feelings catch up like in rewind,
So I am left all alone,
As if these feelings have been cast in stone.

From whence came these thoughts?
Sentiments which have brought everything to naught,
For I don't know who I be.....
Am I a part of sadness or is sadness a part of me?

So it’s time to say farewell,
I hope that you all are swell,
I feel that I am about to be lost,
In this whirlpool which yet feels so soft,

My life is not as it seemed to be,
Here I am and yet I can't find me....

No comments:

Post a Comment