Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Reflections


Life is complicated,
And so am I,
There are so many things to laugh about,
And so many things that make you cry.

Behind that big goofy smile,
And the jovial talk aside,
If you see deep inside,
You will find sadness vast as skies.

Life is beautiful,
That's what they say,
Everybody sees the silver lining,
Nobody notices the clouds grey.

Of old i was pure as crystal,
And my feelings were gentle and brittle,
Now i have been broken and mended again,
With each scar a painful story to say.

But as with the pheonix of lore,
I rise again from my sleep,
From the ashes stronger than before,
Ready to face life's challenges steep.

I've passed through fire and ice,
But the only harm came was to my vice,
Like gold that must be wrought before,
I have been forced to bring my strength to the fore.

So here I am,
Ready to face the world,
Having only my friends to save me,
From this cruel world's hold,
If i have anything which could not be sold,
Then it would be my friends worth their weight in gold,
As they are the anchors in my life,
Holding me forth lest I be swept away by this river of life....

No comments:

Post a Comment